domingo, 2 de fevereiro de 2014

The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis



The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis

Journeys to the end of the world, fantastic creatures, and epic battles between good and evil -- what more could any reader ask for? Enjoy the book of the complete works and the latest movie: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the third of the series.

Reviews
   "The magic of C S Lewis's parallel universe never fades." The Times
   "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness." C S Lewis

Speaking of… of Classics
By Fairleigh Harris

   There’s something so endearing about reading a book that someone gives you – you know they enjoyed it so much that they are hoping that you love it like they did, so they give you their copy. And it’s so amazing when you end up loving that book so much that you pass it on, too.

   That’s what happened to me with “The Chronicles of Narnia.” I was 12. My family had just moved down south from up north. My mom knew I wouldn’t get to know any other kids until school started up again, so she gave me these books to read. She said I was ready for them. Her mother had given them to her, and you could tell they had seen some wear – dog-eared pages, no dust jackets, a little tattered. I knew they had to be good books because my mom had probably read them a few times. And rightly so - these stories turned out to be my escape, and the characters were my friends when I didn’t yet have any
.
   To me, what makes a book a classic is that it has seen many owners and been passed down through generations. That’s what “Chronicles” is -- a classic. What’s more, their messages stand the test of time – good triumphs over evil, and the power of imagination. I plan to pass them down to my own boys when the time is right.
   I’m rereading these books as an adult now. Prince Caspian, here I come.

 

The Skinny

• For the past fifty years, The Chronicles of Narnia have transcended the fantasy genre to become part of the canon of classic literature. Each of the seven books is a masterpiece, drawing the reader into a land where magic meets reality, and the result is a fictional world whose scope has fascinated generations. Now, some of the most noted actors of our times have come together to read these extraordinary works.
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was first written in 1949 by Clive Staples Lewis. But Lewis did not stop there. Six more books followed, and together they became known as The Chronicles of Narnia.

http://www.bookperk.com/offer/narnia-01

Nenhum comentário: